New t8's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a t8 17 watt 24" is there a coral i can get now?i used to have t5's and i was told no but how bout a low light coral now?

Who said you can't have corals under t5? I haven't seen coral tanks with t8 before.

I have a 4 bulb t5 with mushrooms zoas a Duncan and a brain coral and all are doing great. Whoever said you can't have corals under t5 was misleading you an keep a lot of corals but not all.

I don't know anything about t8...but i know with t5ho you can keep anything your heart desires...as long as you have enough bulbs. The 6 and 8 bulb units should be more than enough for sps. I have a monti under my 4 bulb unit, but he is very close to the top.

37 and the guy said it should be brighter but all they had was blue so i cant really tell if its brighter but would i be able to get away with putting like 1 low light need coral very high up in the tank?

Just as a heads up, check what bulb size the unit takes. I ran into an issue with a coralife 4 bulb t5 I got. Great unit...but it uses a 31 watt bulb! Only coralife makes these bulbs...which means you can't use some of the great bulbs like fiji purples.

Well no i dont want to go get new lights just for them but can i have one with this?btw its 17watt 24"t8 i dnt remember if i said that already

I don't think any coral will be happy under that light. Like everyone else is saying get some pc/t5/mh/led if you want corals and save your self a headache.

Back
Top Bottom