New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank 24 by 15 by 48. I am building a new one that is 32 by 16 by 48 do you thk I can use the same sump set up

Hardridge said:
I have a tank 24 by 15 by 48. I am building a new one that is 32 by 16 by 48 do you thk I can use the same sump set up

Also I want to have over built 40 inches across outside of rant to pull across entire tank. I run two 750hr pumps will have two intakes on top side two mid front. Any feedbk would be great

carey said:
Sorry, not quite understanding what you wanna do. :-(

Wondering of I can use old system on new tank. It's not that much bigger

More than likely, yes.

Can you give gallonage for current tank and sump and then new tank?

Tmyboy said:
More than likely, yes.

Can you give gallonage for current tank and sump and then new tank?

Old tank is 75 sump runs at 20. New tank is 106

Still not understanding what your saying. Maybe a more detailed description and spell check. Would be more then glad to help.

EriksFish315 said:
Still not understanding what your saying. Maybe a more detailed description and spell check. Would be more then glad to help.

Basically having taller tank built. It will be 30 gal more than old tank can I use same system

Well, the more volume you add the better. I have a 30gal sump under a 125g display. It works, but I feel like I should have setup my 55 as the sump.

I think you'll be okay with the 20, but if you're starting a new tank I'd recommend a larger sump. You can probably find a 30 gal for $20 on Craigslist.

PrettyFishies said:
Well, the more volume you add the better. I have a 30gal sump under a 125g display. It works, but I feel like I should have setup my 55 as the sump.

I think you'll be okay with the 20, but if you're starting a new tank I'd recommend a larger sump. You can probably find a 30 gal for $20 on Craigslist.

The sump is. 30L, 18H and 12W. I can make it 25 to 30 by raising water level would that help

Back
Top Bottom