new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalfa96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i set up my first salt water tank its a 10 gallong with an aqueon 20 i have a heater i used caribsea live sand as well as life rock i just set it up a day ago i dont have a wave maker and i dont plan on getting coral just fish so do i need a wave maker?

also i added fritz turbo start should i still put in food everyday or every other day?

Im not familiar with the Fritz turbo start. All you really need is a small shrimp to cycle the tank. If it was me I would not do the wave maker. You will need some LR for the tank. Maybe even some live sand.

I’d still do a powerhead. More circulation = more oxygen and less deadspots for algae. You’ll still need an ammonia source for the cycle even with the bacteria. I’m assuming you’ll be adding inverts too as a 10 gallon is really only suitable for 2 small fish

I would also definitely recommend a power head, it will definitely help with the health of the tank. Ive just recently cycled a tank using turbo start and while it did speed up the process I still added pure ammonia and let it turn to nitrates until I could process about 2ppm in 24 hours. I wouldn’t use fish food as this will lead to algae issues down the road.

Back
Top Bottom