New to coral I'm addicted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are some pics of my newest additions, I am so addicted. So, much for taking it slow. My Kenya tree already has a frag and the frag is looking good. 8)

Picking up a new T-5 fixture tomorrow. :)

:D Yeah I took these pics quick with my PDA. We have a new nikon digital camera, just have not learned all the bells and whistles. Too busy with the aquarium. :wink:

Looks great. I am in the process of switching from FOWLR to a reef tank as well, and I cant wait to get it done. I have already gone broke just planning it! LOL.

Thanks.

Tell me about going broke, my accountant said I need to slow down for awhile. :lol: During lunch break picked up another t-5 light fixture. 8) That should be it for awhile. my plan is one fixture a month until I get 4. Half way there now.

Actually, I need to develop more of a plan for my tank based on compatibility and what I want the tank to look like long term. So far I have picked based on hardiness and lower light requirements. I need to be careful and take a look at long term compatibility. Right now I think the polyps are about the only thing that might spread to a point that could threaten another coral and that would take some time.

I also need to take some time to make sure my water chemistry is going to stay in line especially calc/alk. I picked up a product called B-Ionic based on another AA members advice. Calc is a bit low and alk well?????still figuring that out.

My plan now it to do alittle more research and continue to upgrade lighting until the new year and then GO NUTS! X-mas and B-day are a week apart. :p

I am so addicted
Yup...that will happen. My wife loaths the day I brought home my first hairy mushroom colony :lol: Corals look good. Is the coral in the second pic a plate coral? If so, move it down to the substrate. They do tend to move a bit and it could end up falling from the rock. On the substrate just keep it "dusted", keep the substrate off the flesh.

lando said:
Is the coral in the second pic a plate coral? If so, move it down to the substrate. They do tend to move a bit and it could end up falling from the rock. On the substrate just keep it "dusted", keep the substrate off the flesh.

Yes, I have it there for now due to the need to still increase my lighting. I will keep an eye on it. So far it has not moved and polyps are out and extended. 8)

What are your thoughts on using adhesives?

Cool, gluing was recomended as an option for a frag, but I plan to hold off for the reason you mentioned. My Kenya tree coral already fragged itself and I used a rubberband for the frag which seems to be working well.

Aaron, Plates dont need that much light you can easily feed this coral to meet its needs and move it down to the substrate. It would be better down there, more natural look too! Corals are indeed addictive :D

Back
Top Bottom