new to me 200 gal acrylic tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

restartfishkper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So after running my 40b for a while and wanting to go bigger I found a deal on a 200 gal tank 86 x 24 x 24 tank on Craigslist came with stand and canopy. I'm looking for some help on equipment like good skimmer heater led lights for coral and return pump. Going to have a 40b sump with a fuge

Thanks

I like my eshopps skimmer on my 55 reef. There are others that die by the reef octopus skimmers as well. There are other brands that are popular and I'm sure they will be brought up.
As for the lights, it depends on what you want to keep. I'd simply go with the chinese 'knockoff' panels as they are as cheap as possible and will let you keep anything photosynthetic that your heart desires.
As for a return pump, how much GPH are we looking at? I like the danner mag that runs my system, but I'm not sure how big they go.

I'm planning on some what of a mixed reef. I've been looking good on eBay at the Chinese lights figure I'm going to need 3 or 4 of them. I'm thinking probably running at least 600-800 gph thru the sump not really sure if that's too much or not enough. Was hoping to find a complete setup pumps and rock wise but the ones I found either sold too fast or where out of my budget. Plan on slowly aquiring the equipment over next couple months and finishing it in December once work slows down some

Not sure on fish other than what will be transfered from the 40 which are 2 clowns and a watchman goby. Plus some hermits, snails, 2 shrimps and 3 crabs. Going to research that

You'd want one unit per 2 ft of tank with those panels.
In terms of the GPH, you'd need to figure out how much would be going through the overflow to them get a return pump that was larger than such so you could use a gate valve to then cut back to match the overflow perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom