next fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm still contemplating what other fish to get in my 30 gallon reef. Tank has been set up for a few weeks now and is doing great. had one brief diatom bloom but that is now over and gone. Currently the tank has one sixline wrasse (who is quite pleased with his new bigger home!). I would like to get probably 2 more fish. THe tank will have soft corals, mushrooms, a cleaner shrimp, snails, hermits and feather dusters. I would like at least one of the fish to stay in the water column most of the time, and not sit on the bottom or hide.

Fish I am considering:

royal gramma
banggai cardinal
firefish (I've heard conflicting advice on whether more than 1 will get along)
possibly a clownfish but not my 1st choice
would other wrasses be OK or not??
not a huge goby/blenny fan but I could be convinced...

Saw the cutest hawkfish at the LFS a few weeks ago, tank wasn't ready so I didn't get him. I've heard they will eat hermits and possibly shrimp but the tank had plenty of both. Would the hawk be an option? not sure of the species but it was white with red bars and stripes. It was shorter and stubbier than a longnose hawkfish.

Please give me any and all ideas!! I don't want to go to the LFS and make an uninformed decision!

Back
Top Bottom