Night lighting????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I've read, fish CAN'T see RED light.

So I used this info to get some red LED spots for my tank so I can see my synodontis eupterus who is very active during the nights.

The red light proved enough illumination without disrupting the family during the night.

I'd recommend red light over any other colour for night lighting.

From what I've read, fish CAN'T see RED light.

So I used this info to get some red LED spots for my tank so I can see my synodontis eupterus who is very active during the nights.

The red light proved enough illumination without disrupting the family during the night.

I'd recommend red light over any other colour for night lighting.

Red light and blue light are the best choices. Some led hoods come with day/night options. Red light may help u see the fish as scouser said but blue light is like a calmer color and will look nicer.

Red light and blue light are the best choices. Some led hoods come with day/night options. Red light may help u see the fish as scouser said but blue light is like a calmer color and will look nicer.

I guess it depends on when the lights will be used.

If its just before the lights are set to go off, a milder blue will be be good for that.

But if its at night, when the fish are sleeping, the constant light will stress fish.

Yup, I run my moonlights for quite a few hours after white lights go out. So moonlights on at 7.30am, white at 8.30am, whites out at 5.30, moonlights out at 9.30pm

I use a single 48" stunner strip, the magenta/blue one after my main lights go off (9:00pm-11:30pm) it looks really nice

Back
Top Bottom