nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dodgersfan25

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have 50 pounds of live rock and a CPR bak pak with the biobale thing in it. am i supposed to take this out, b/c now i hear that it's just a nitrate factory. if i just took it out, would i kill anything living on it? what should i do? TIA

pull it. you have enough live rock for filtration, so the bio-bale is jsut a nitrate factory - not good for your corals/anemone.

Yes, it's beneficial bacteria, but you have an adequate amount of live rock that the bale isn't a major source.

Does the bail in the CPR help with the bubbles????? I would keep it around just in case the bubbles become a issue returning to the tank. That small amount if cleaned once in a while should not be a big of a deal. JMO2

yea, i think it would cut down the amount of bubbles floating around. ill try that out.

my CPR came with a sponge for the return pipe to prevent bubbles, but it's the 2R, so no bio-bale. Maybe they just swap the two.

My Bak Pak II also came with the return pipe sponge. It works well enough to prevent bubbles entering the tank. You may need to tinker with the venturi to get the right flow.

Back
Top Bottom