No Hermit Clean Up Crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 55 gallon is stocked with maybe 20 Blue Legged Hermits. I recently added 20 Nassarius Snail's just to keep the sand bed clean. the hermits are always bothering the feather dusters, climbing all on corals and ate 12 astrea snails & now wiped out all my Nassarius Snail's. Woke up this morning to find empty shells on the sand bed. I really don't like these Hermits. I have almost 50 empty shells for them and the Nassarius Snail's were small so they didn't kill them for the shells. Thinking of switching to a all snail & shrimp cleanup crew. With maybe 2 emerald crabs for algae. Anyone have a all snail CUC?

I have never had issues like that with my hermits, but it won't hurt if you want to eliminate them from your CUC. CuC is more for fun than for practicality... some folks run tanks just fine with no cleanup crew at all.

Blue legs are notorious for this..... If you want a good combination CUC, I'd get rid of the blue legs and get scarlets.

Back
Top Bottom