non photosynthetic feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juskeepswiming

Aquarium Advice Activist
does anyone have any experience feeding non photosynthetic corals? I have a Dendronephthya (carnation tree) I bought about two months ago, not studying up on it first :( :cry: . Im trying Two Little Fishies PhytoPlan for right now, and Ive ordered some live phytoplankton...but Im only guesing. Ive also placed it in a dark corner away from the light. If any one has experience with these please let me know :!:

I was just reading a post on RC about this very species. They were saying that these are all but impossible to keep. It was an interesting thread, but unfortunately that doesn't bode well for your dendro.

I have an orange cup coral that I target feed once or twice a week. I took a 2 liter pop bottle and cut the top 1/4 off making a funnel of sorts. Place the large opening over the coral and squirt food into the bottle from the top.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=576948

That being said, if you can figure out what to feed it, I do a similar thing with my brain. It is pretty slow to eat so I cap it with a tupperware container with holes in it weighted down with a rock so that I can blow food through the top with a turkey baster, but keep my fish and shrimp out of it while it eats.

My sun seems to fend for itself so I don't usually have to worry about food theifs with that one!

Back
Top Bottom