normal???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
is it normal for a yellow watchman goby to be swimming near/at the surface?? hes been up there for a while. i thought he was hungry so i fed the tank, but he only grabbed on peice of mysis. hes never been up there before....

They are jumpers. He could be looking for a place to go out. Mine goes in my skimmer box.

i guess i need to get some eggcrate soon.. thanks for the replies. could i put a reptile lid on there for now until i get some eggcrate??

Do any of you guys know where to get egg crate for a tank, I keep looking but cant seem to find any?

vsnsofadrgn said:
i guess i need to get some eggcrate soon.. thanks for the replies. could i put a reptile lid on there for now until i get some eggcrate??

Do you mean a screen top? Or glass? The screen will rust, glass tops mess with gas exchange and inturn messes up your ph. I think it it's temporary for a day or so you may be ok with either.

Squado said:
Do any of you guys know where to get egg crate for a tank, I keep looking but cant seem to find any?

Eggcrate can be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot in the lighting department. It's about 10 bucks a sheet. I think it's actually called fluorescent light diffuser or something like that.

Fluff said:
vsnsofadrgn said:

Do you mean a screen top? Or glass? The screen will rust, glass tops mess with gas exchange and inturn messes up your ph. I think it it's temporary for a day or so you may be ok with either.

i mean the screen. i think its got some type of coating on it, but it is just temporary, until friday when i get paid.... does this mean hes unhappy? i know it may sound silly, but why would he want to jump if he was happy?

Back
Top Bottom