Normal Behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2Salt

Aquarium Advice Freak
We have 2 small TR percula clownfish, one seems to nip at the other one at times, is this normal? I know I should get that one clownfish book and plan to. Also, they always seem to be chasing things that float in the water, we feed the tank with frozen brine once in the morning and then at night, am I not feeding them enough? I ususally feed one cube for the whole tank being that the 2 scooters and the 2 cleaner shrimp and the brittle eat it also.

Look forward to the advice thanks!

Um well :::hiding:: no but I did by some flake food today that is called Nutrafin Max Marine flake food, is supposed to be vitamin fortified. Both clowns are the same size, small about an inch and a half. The frozen brine is enriched with spurlina, that probably doesn't make a difference. Am I in trouble now?
I better get some more info :/

No not in trouble.

Just that the human equivlent of a diet of brine shrimp would be like you eating food only from the candy isle of the grocery store.

Mixing up food is good for not only a better balanced diet but also for general appitie.

LOL problem with that is I'd love the candy, but I understand you point.

Ok, so I should maybe do brine one time then flake another?

I also use krill, and mysis shrimp. You can buy them frozen and packaged just like brine. Your fish will love it just as much.

Ok thanks both of you, I just fed them the flake, my gosh they loved it and then if some went down the hermits loved it too. I guess everything needs variety in life.

Thanks both of you! :)

I've been feeding mine freeze dried brine and flake in the morning, and frozen brine in the evening.

My clowns don't really like flake, but my peppermint shrimp seem too, so, I'll continue.

I'll probably also try the Krill and mysis shrimp. :)

Got some Krill last night, they nipped at it but the hermits and the brittle star had a tug of war over the peace, but we all know who won that war. They all seem to like this Nutrafin flake I got especially the hermits, I've never seen them move so fast towards it then they make it into a little ball and sit there for a while too funny. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom