Now this is a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that guy must be payign through the nose for that lighting with all that money put into the system you might as well go with LEDs. nevermind for the lighting but two chillers, holy **** this guys gotta be loaded

Last edited:
With the amount of money it takes to set up something like that, I think an electric bill would be the least of his concerns. I'm more curious if he lives in a place that charges you by the amount of water you use. That would overshadow any electric bill.

yeah, that was from 2006. i'm sure he's upgraded the lighting by now. even so, i didn't think he cared too much about the electric bill. what do you think that custom tank ran him? i would think it had to be upwards of 20 grand.

Yeah the OP is in a house, but the one you posted is in an open hearth sales floor. I gues he sells fireplaces in the Netherlands.

mr_X said:
yeah, that was from 2006. i'm sure he's upgraded the lighting by now. even so, i didn't think he cared too much about the electric bill. what do you think that custom tank ran him? i would think it had to be upwards of 20 grand.

I saw a freshwater that was less complex then this salt and it was 12 to set up, it was 7 foot tall though, I'm guessing this bad boy pushed over 30 in the first year, probly a solid 5 a year just for maintenance and more tacked on for power, his sump makes me jealous the main display is kinda lame once you see everything else, but that's good IMO, no holds bar on taking care of it

The mr saltwater tank was 100,000. He is a member of our local reef club but that tank is in cali, where vivd is located. The one mr x posted is really sweet and has more viewing space. Both are probably owned by people who don't care about money. That vivid tank brought all the water from ocean and had it trucked in. How much did that cost? And I think my biocube 29 is expensive to keep up and keep full of coral.

Bige said:
The mr saltwater tank was 100,000. He is a member of our local reef club but that tank is in cali, where vivd is located. The one mr x posted is really sweet and has more viewing space. Both are probably owned by people who don't care about money. That vivid tank brought all the water from ocean and had it trucked in. How much did that cost? And I think my biocube 29 is expensive to keep up and keep full of coral.

It is not that these people don't care about money,they earned or inherited it and are passionate about our hobby.Like I said in a previous post,if I could I would build sea world in my backyard.
I did warn everyone at the beginning.LOL

we all know the reactions we get from friends and family when they see our sw tanks....what the h*** do people say when they walk into that?? id have to change my drawers if i saw either tank in person

huma-huma said:
we all know the reactions we get from friends and family when they see our sw tanks....what the h*** do people say when they walk into that?? id have to change my drawers if i saw either tank in person

Oh god yes, I'd be hauled out by police and end up on the stockers list screaming about filters and twitching lol

if you read the entire article on the second tank, the protein skimmer is 6 ft tall!! thats absurd, i mean i cant even fathom that

huma-huma said:
if you read the entire article on the second tank, the protein skimmer is 6 ft tall!! thats absurd, i mean i cant even fathom that

??????? 6ft? .......that's eye level, if it was raised any you could worship it and hold a sermon lol

mr_X said:

20000 please....he has 5000 in skimmers alone. That setup is in the 100,000 range

Back
Top Bottom