O2 Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Bought a red sea (yea I know) O2 test and I'm confused. :? According to the test results I have 13ppm of O2. This does not tell me anything. I still don't know if that's good, bad, or otherwise. According to their chart @ 1.026 sg and temp of 82.4 my O2 level shoudl be 6.4? Is this correct? If that is the case I'm doing great on my O2. Thanks for any help.

Does anyone have any idea about this? An7yone have the red sea o2 test kit and want to throw in their 2cents :mrgreen: ?

that sounds odd. ive used the red sea o2 test kit too and never got a reading higher than 8 ppm, i beleive, though it has been a while. normal conditions in tanks are about 7ppm dissolved o2... sounds fishy to me (no pun intended).

Well I have 2 overflows hitting the bottom and all kinds of bubbles coming from them, got a skimmer that I put an air pump on to increase the venturi (didn't work but never took it off), and I have a big air pump with a difuser all running in the sump, So if I am correct, I have PLENTY of O2. I'm gonna run the test again tonight but haven't yet.

Thanks for the help. :mrgreen:

Yea, that's what I'm figuring out. :lol: I guess it's a good thing, right? That means I can actually get more fish :mrgreen: .

Your sump sounds like my wet dry. It has a built in protien skimmer that has an air pump in it (man does that thing skim) and the 2 overflows come down like crazy with an amazing amount of air.

The thing I am in the process of discussing in the getting started forum (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=37210 ) is the fact that even with excellent oxygenation due to the sump, if/when the power goes out crisis hits FAST. They caution overstocking with that false sense of security because you never know when and for how long you'll loose power. Sure is hard just to pick a few fish, huh?

Back
Top Bottom