Octopus eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

idol1

Aquarium Advice Freak
My day octopus just laid eggs. What a job getting the fish out of her tank. Had to move her and the rock cave with her eggs on them to get the fish. Moved her cave back to approx. location gave her a better bottom rock for better footing for her. She left her nest traveled around the new rock formations. Since nothing goes back the same way it came out. She did a little exploring and went back to her eggs. It looks like a few hundred eggs or more don't know if shes done laying. Shes only a very small octopus.

would be hard to get pictures of her even with a good camera. she stays in her cave with her arms curled up blocking the entrance,suction cups pointed outward. shes in a 60 hex.

I think it takes 60 days apox for hatching. If they hatch I will keep a few babies and release the rest on the reef. Last time I had a octopus hatch out eggs was in 1984. A very large atlantic octopus. she was an excellent mother. She was 8 times the size of this one. I think now this is the pacific dwarf octopus that I have. She is realy small that's why we thought she was a baby day octopus. There the same colors.

Back
Top Bottom