Odd question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright I received my first few corals on Thursday, they are all doing well however this one ricordea mushroom which I placed on my LR got dragged into a hole within that LR by one of my crabs.

I just tried getting it out with my finger and there was no luck the hole is just too small. I guess my question is if I just leave it in there and it dies will it foul up my tank water?

I dont think it will but better safe than sorry. If you want to get the ric back take the rock out and wrap it up with a towel and hit it a few times with a hammer and break it up into a few pieces and see if you can retrieve it that way. If the crab is doing that then he needs to go anyway.

You can use a siphon tube and suck out the ric or if you can visibly see the ric you can skewer the disc with a long needle and it should heal up with proper care :)

I agree that the crab needs to go either to the sump or else where. However rics can walk so if it isnt getting what it needs it may come out . YOu could skewer it or break the rock as well if you choose . If it dosent survive it is unlikely that it will foul the tank .

I agree with both Melosu and Innovator...I had something similar happen and I had to bust a rock apart, turns out it was a nasty little crab I didn't even know I had...he is now tucked away in the fuge where he can't hurt things....I think I would try the siphon tube first if the rock is hard to get to...but if that doesn't work get the hammer out!!

Back
Top Bottom