oenone fulgida kicking my butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefGuru

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is in my 120 gallon reef tank. I have a giant polycheat worm, and I want it out. I know that most are beneficial, but this one is approx 12 inches (i saw approx 7 inches without it tapering back). I know it likes mysis shrimp, and i tried the stocking (my girlfriend is still looking for her other stocking :twisted: ). It got stuck in it, and 5 min later pulled itself out. However, it never left the burrow completly. To even further complicate the matter, it NEVER fully left the hiding hole. I know you can take the rock out and put it in club soda, that that it will freak and run out, but this rock is about 15 pounds, and the VERY base of the reef on which EVERYTHING else is resting on. I know there are comercial traps, but I do not know hoe efective they will be if the evil thing never leaves the hole completly. Does anybody have any ideas?? Give me what you got fellow hobbyists, I am going nuts.

Andrej

its best to wait til nite and use either your moonlights a red light or black light to see them. Im no pro but my friend had one and me and him sat up for a few hours and lured him out of his hole and he grabbed him with his big tweezers.

I know that technique, but if you do not get the whole worm, it just regenerates, and comes back in about 3 weeks. Since this thing is huge, i have not been able to lure it out completely yet.

Andrej

as far as I can remember my bio classes, only one end of the worm can heal itself and reproduce. Therefore just rip out one end and hope for good luck :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think i am going to try moving the bait, getting it to go out, and then plucking him

the thing about certain worms (maby yours) is that any part of them can grow back. ive even heard of flat worms being ground up in a blender and then growing back. ide get as much as i could then cut him into little peices and put in the fuge/sump/display/ anywhere. the more pods the better.

Back
Top Bottom