Ok I need one more swimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Please check my profile. I'm looking for one more "swimmer" fish. The only one I have that spends time swimming back and forth is the yellow tang. I'm looking for one more reef safe, non to semi-aggresive fish to share the swimming room. Please don't recommend clowns... I've had NUMEROUS problems with them and refuse to get another... :)

OK, how about a Nemo them. 8O
Kidding. 8)
Um....School of Chromis, A Damsel of some sorts. Look up a Starki Damsel on google, pretty cool fish and mellow for a damsel. Pricy though.
If you want to take a bit of a chance with the reef..Coral Beauty.
I would say a Cardinal, but your Tang may beat it up.
Your a little limited by tank size. Most of the other swimmer I know of are bigger fish.

I might just go with the chromis.... they're not that aggressive correct???? How many should I get for my tank ???? Any other "damsels" that aren't aggressive... I like that Starki but they're like $35.00.... :)

Chromis are mellow, would be a pretty cool choice IMO. Most Damsels are pretty mean. I had a Starki a while back and he was the perfect gentleman, thats why I mentioned them. Wish I could find another, they are pretty rare.
Maybe someone else has a different idea. :)

Well I like the chromis idea.... I'm just wondering if I add a "school" if I'll overload the tank???

My Uncle has some and they're awesome. Really peaceful and mellow like
Q-shark said. I wouldn't think you'd overload your tank, I would get 4-6 blue-green chromises. If they're in a group one will become the biggest and be the ring leader of the bunch.

I concur the chromis are great fish. personally I would go with 3 or 5. I have 5 in my 75gal setup with no problem. Granted according to the experts I am overstocked on fish, but it has worked for me. They school together constantly and I justify it by considering them one larger fish. :wink:

Good luck,

I think a group of blue yellow-tail damsels would work too. Heard they are like one the most docile and non-agressive of all damsels.

BTW, I suggested 3 or 5 because I have read keeping them in odd numbers is best and more than 5 would probably be too much.

Yeah five seems like alot.... I just don't want to over do the bioload.... I'm struggling a little with nitrates right now and don't want to have too be doing tons of water changes... that's all......

Back
Top Bottom