Ok, I'm pretty convinced now, Moonlights=good, any thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheMadNucleus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Strictly my opinion, but it seems that moonlights are definitely beneficial. I have been skeptical about this and it looked to me like maybe this was just another way for suppliers to cash in on our helpless addiction to this obsession we call a hobby.

But, I have recently noticed on several occassions that by leaving my CRT on at night in my office (which roughly faces my 125) that 1.) fish aclimate better, less aggression, 2.) seem to get along better and 3.) seem to be more relaxed and healthy (know this last one is a big value judgement but I'm pretty sure about the others).

So this led me to do some research. It seems pretty clear that moonlights are effective in increasing breading rates of various marine organisms. This being the case we can sort of surmise that this provides a more natural and comfortable environment for aquatic life in general and that these lights are likely to lead to a better environment regardless of whether one intends to induce breeding or not.

Well, any thoughts on this and/or any hard research that anyone has come up with, would be greatly appreciated.

Lata'

Tom

Back
Top Bottom