ok to feed only every other day??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been feeding everyday in the evening. I just about 3 days ago began to feed only once everyother day to help cut back on waste. Is this ok to do???

Thanks!!!!!

Sure thats fine. If you skip a day and go one feeding every three days that would be fine also If you have grazing fish like a tang I would put some nori on the clip every day if you remember.

I sometimes go upward to a week without feeding the tank anything more than nori on the clip.

I think most people tend to overfeed their tanks. the recommendations of feeding fish three times a day (as insstructed by some online sites) is crazy. This will only cause your water quality to decline. Once every every two or three days will be just fine. The variety of the food you feed is more important then the frequency you feed.

If it makes you feel any better, during the hurricane in florida last year my power went out and I didn't feed my fish for two weeks and out of all my friends my fish were the only ones who survived. I'm not saying only feed them every two weeks but I am saying health fish have plenty of reserves.

Back
Top Bottom