Once live rock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanRamirez57

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just purchased 40 lbs o once live rock for 35$. I have it sitting in tap water after a good rinse. What do I need to do to get this tank ready?

I just purchased 40 lbs o once live rock for 35$. I have it sitting in tap water after a good rinse. What do I need to do to get this tank ready?

What do you mean by once live rock?
what is your tank size?

If you still need to cycle the tank just put the rock in

So the rock was once in someone's tank then removed and dried out some was left out and had mild on it that I scrubbed off. It's a cycled 75 gallon that currently has 50 lbs of live rock in there.

DanRamirez57 said:
So the rock was once in someone's tank then removed and dried out some was left out and had mild on it that I scrubbed off. It's a cycled 75 gallon that currently has 50 lbs of live rock in there.

You need to cure the rock before you add it to your tank. You will chance an ammonia spike if you just add it in.

Also, get it cycling in a separate container will RODI. Right now you are essentially infusing the rock with phosphates from your tap. Algae will probably bloom!

Back
Top Bottom