One Stop Sump / Refugium Design Shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liquidreamer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Figured I would post some designs of sumps and refugiums for people getting started since they are scarce and scattered. If anyone would like to contribute, please attach :)

Attachments

• plumbing.gif
    plumbing.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 304
  • refugium_plumb.gif
    refugium_plumb.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,115
  • revsump.gif
    revsump.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 456
and some more :)

Attachments

• sump2.gif
    sump2.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 423
  • sump_701.gif
    sump_701.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 3,998
  • sump_161.jpg
    sump_161.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 169
Great Pics! I was just going to get started building my refugium and had a completely different plan in mind. The pic "Refugium_plumb" looks like a much better approach!

Thanks for the timely info.

Is it possible to use a ref. adjoining your main sump. I have enough room for a 20 gallon or so next to my sump under my canopy, My sump has allready been drilled for a bulk head but how would I plumb the system. I really want to go this route is it's doable.

Oops... sorry for the late follow up bud. Yes. that is exacly what I did. I had a 29 gallon tubberware on the left that my drain drained into from the tank. The a U pipe going about 6" from top of the tubber over the TOP of a 10g all-glass cheap-o tank on the right side so I didnt have to drill it. These things cost 11.00 at Petco. I then sectioned of with some acrylic I had laying around from an old computer case and silicone the 10 gallon in this manner:

live rock under u pipe |divider| refugium area w sand |divider| return pump

Look in my gallery and see if you can make out what I did and let me know if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom