Online fish ordering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of folks like liveaquaria.com. 14 day fish guarantee that is hard to beat. Fish prices and shipping is a bit too pricey for me though.

aquabid rarely has any marine fish. At least i haven't seen much activity in some months.

Live Aquaria is good as has been pointed out and it is true their shippping is a little steep, however, their packaging is exceptional. In order to keep their shipping even where they have it, however, there is a $29.99 minmum order for marine fish. The cost with shipping does end up being less expensive than what I can get the same fish for locally but that is going to depend on your own LFS'.

In truth I have never ordered online from anyone else.

Live Aquaria will also do free shipping if your order is above $225. I don't know what size tank you are stocking, or what you are considering, but you can get there pretty fast. I can also vouch that they are pretty much no hassle when it comes to their guarantee. Just a phone call and your order number is all it took for me. No pictures, no mailing back a tail or any of that.

I have also ordered from saltwaterfish.com. I think their invertebrates are better than Live Aquaria, but that is truly anecdotal in my limited experience. They do free shipping if the total is more than $199. Also, they regularly have specials where your entire order will have free shipping if you order an item from a certain list. This list changes from day to day, but always includes their clean up crew packs. I ordered my ORA deresa clam this way. However, in order to get a refund for a DOA, you have to snap a picture and email it in within 5 hours of delviery. They will give you credit if you send in the picture after 5 hours but before 15 days. Also, if you just sign up for their email list, they'll send you a coupon code for 15% off regularly priced items. Subsequent emails may include a discount code or just list their sale items.

I would say I've had good experience with both of these companies.

Back
Top Bottom