Online options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to placing a fairly large order on line for sand,salt, and probably some hardware (not sure yet).This will be for an 80g I'm picking up tonight.

First off I'm assuming that the saving will be substantial over LFSs even if the shippment is heavy...is that correct?Any chance for free shipping anywhere?

Also where do you guys shop online for the best savings/service?

If your answer is posted already,second the nomination..a few posts worth of feed back will make feel better about who I choose.

Thanks as always,

some of the places will mae you a better deal if they can ship it air freight to an airport. You might ask about that option if you have an airport nearby...

I've bought stuff from Dr.'s F&S as well. I have yet to be dissappointed! (knock on wood!) I have also ordered from saltwaterfish.com. The fish were really good looking! I haven't bought much else online because I get my LR pretty cheap from my LFS.

I just wanted to chime in about cost vs LFS. You'll probably save money ordering dry goods (equipment, etc) - but, sand and salt....I've found them to be cheaper at fish stores in my area rather than online after shipping. Especially sand. You could always go the way of 'play sand' at home depot or other hardware store. Bags of play sand are very cheap in comparison. All my tanks use play sand and I saved a ton.

My LFS usually gives me a good price on LR that isn't totally covered with coralline or other life - $3 to $4 a pound. Beats shipping, and if its cured (I'm in there every week so I can usually tell what pieces have been in there awhile), I don't have to re-cure it when I get home.

I have bought some chaeto online a couple times - the first was shipped next day, and it was great. The second batch was shipped ground, 3 days total, and I'm not sure its going to make it.

Back
Top Bottom