Online Ordering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I order from the closest reliable provider I can find and ensure they are couriered in breather bags to me at work to minimise travel time. I have used several companies and ebay and never had a DOA.

This is just me but I do not order livestock online. Before I buy a fish or coral I have to observe it to see if there are any signs of disease and parasites. If the fish looks OK then I need to see it eat. Dont want to take a fish home that`s not going to eat prepared foods. I do order equipment online though.

I've ordered from marinedepot and Dr Fosters, no problems. I also purchase more sensitive stock locally. I haven't seen an online retailer who didn't offer to replace or refund for DOA or in the case of Fosters a 30 day 'stay alive' warranty. However, I do excercise what I consider common sense when ordering. If its 100 degrees out (Which it is where I live now) then why order online and put the animal through the stress. The same is true when its 20 degrees out. Styrofoam can only do so much, so if its hot as the sun out, I would shop local or wait until fall when you know temps for shipping will be more reasonable.

GL!

I agree. I order stuff online that is likely to travel well, snails and dwarf shrimp juveniles etc.

I have ordered hardy livestock as well from foster and smith without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom