Oops over stocked now what...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I kinda over stocked my 25 gallon tank but I'm trying to fix the issue because I don't like to own unhappy pets especially fish that rely 100% on their owner to have a happy stress free life.

I have set up a second tank to move some fish into. It's a 20 gallon with 25lbs of live rock and a thin sandbed. I want to keep it easy to clean beings it's going to be a holding tank till I upgrade to my 75 or 125 gallon tank.

Here's my fish I own.
2 osc clowns
Midis blenny
Mccoosker flasher wrasse
Scooter blenny
Royal gramma

Here's my issue I'm not sure what fish I should move out of my display tank. I love my clowns but they are very aggressive probably because there's to many fish in the tank. However im not sure if I should remove the pair of clowns and put them in their own tank. Or remove the royal gramma and wrasse and have them be in their own tank. The clowns just can't be with the other 2 fish they constantly attack them all the time.

Stock list can be.
#1 osc clowns, midis blenny, scooter blenny.

#2 royal gramma, wrasse, midis, scooter.

What would you do? And why?

I would definitly split up the clowns. They will attack eachother and other tank mates nomadder what tank they are in, so i would split them up. JMO

Split up the clowns and then you have 2 separate aggressive fish, one for each tank! LOL

I think the clowns would be happy all by themselves. :)

They would still be agressive even though they are paired??? I thought the agression would decrease once seperated

The clowns will remain together. They are a pair and I will not split them up. They aren't aggressive at all with each other. I'm leaning to taking the clowns out but they are so beutiful.

Im thinking I'm going to try and remove the clowns to see if they are happy in the other tank and to see if my gramma and wrass become more active. They are just really boring because the clowns force them to float in like a 5 sq inch space. So my question is are wrasses and grammas normaly active fish?

Wrasses are pretty active and so are RG's, the grammas are more territorial, so they stay in a smaller area, but they like to be active.

+1 for clown relocation

Back
Top Bottom