opinions please on clam type. .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redwolf91

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi again all,

Good friend was just looking at my tank, and feels this is a "toger" clam I have. Not a term I've heard (or perhaps don't remember) would love your opinions. Thanks.

RW

Attachments

• IMG_1396294781401.jpg
    IMG_1396294781401.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 105
I lean more to your opinion also. He thinks it's this other kind because of the size. I'm wondering if it's just a word from an area people use. Thanks for the input.

He could be referring to a tiger deresa clam maybe? That's just the pattern but it's species is T. Deresa

That actually makes a lot of sense. I'd bet you're spot on with that.

Thank you, I love it (except when it decides I need a salt water shower) I am hoping it stops getting much bigger, running out of room lol

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha good luck they can get upwards of 2 ft :D. They're arent called giant clams for no reason!

Yeah deresas get huge. A lfs near me has a solid 2 footer that hosts a pair of full grown percs

Its about the size of a football already. I've never seen clowns in one, that's wild

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what would a clam that size cost? And how much extra calcium would it need supplemented?

A clam like that is pretty much priceless IMO. I heard the guy turn down a grand for it, now I'm sure he would sell it if someone made him a ridiculous offer, it is his job after all. But if it was me, I would have it until one of us died.

This one is just under a foot now, but only three or four years old. Maybe it'll just keep growing lol... I'll need to wear a poncho near him at that point

Back
Top Bottom