Orange clown fish turning black!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bewise

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My orange clown is a young one. He has turned totally black!! My tank is a 55 gal. W/ a hob protein filter. Water & chemicals are in line. Last several days it left the others and went away from them. Was very social. I have been doctoring a yellow tang for a bacteria problem for about 4 days. The black and white clown seems ok. Plenty of O2 and food with supplements. Tank has live rock w/ lots of hiding places. No bullying in the tank and it is clean. Have a little green algae and some purple...but not taking over. It is currently hiding in some plants in the corner.

I have read about maturity and females but nothing definate. My wife is gone to help her mother's to help her. I can not let anything happen that I can prevent! She would be upset.

I would appreciate any words of wisdom or advice. Thank you very much in advance!!

Bewise

Sounds to me like you had a young clown that is maturing and reaching its natural color.

Black and white ocellaris Clownfish sometimes look like a regualr Ocellaris clownfish when they are very young but as they grow they will turn solid black and white. my femail has turned completly black and white while the male black and white clownfish that I have still has a tad of orange still on its nose.

Back
Top Bottom