Orchid dottyback with 6 line wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have a yellow tang, foxface rabbitfish, 2 percs, 2 b/g chromis, a watchman goby, a neon blue goby, and a firefish. Just added a six-line wrasse. It is very cool how the wrasse swims around the rocks, in and out of the holes, and stuff.

I lost 2 orchid dottybacks (freidmani pseudochromis) months ago and want them again. The wrasse seems to be on his own mission looking for pods and not worried about anyone else so far. It's been only 2 days since he's been out of QT and in the main.

Wondering if the dottybacks and wrasse will be fine together in my 75g Maybe just one, but I'd like to have a mated pair.

Well, your tank is quickly approaching the overstocked mark, but most in there are pretty small fish, you should consider the tank "full", very soon.

I kept a neon dottyback and a sixline wrasse for several years in the same tank with no problems, but it was a 150g. I think since the wrasse is there first....it shouldn't be an issue.

I edited your post for the long url, it screws the margins and if you have a defined abbreviation in the url and don't manually parse it, it won't work as the acronym bbcode breaks the link.

The neon and orchid are not the same fish, they are the same genus and the neon tends to be a bit more aggressive than the orchid.

IMO your tank is probably a bit on the small side for them to be okay together, but you never know. The only problem is if it doesn't work out then it's gonna be a nightmare to catch either one.

Back
Top Bottom