ordering livestock online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

army6192plt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
anyone have any sucess or problems with ordering livestock online? I am looking for somewhere where i can get livestock online but i would appreciate the help of others so that i might not have the problems others have faced.
Thanks

There are many reputable and respectable online dealers. I have used www.liveaquaria.com several times and am very happy with them. Look for vendors that do not have extra boxing or packaging fees, ship next day air and have an arrive aline warrenty with a 10-14 day guarentee.

liveaquaria and saltwaterfish both have a arrive alive and 2 week guarantee (which beats the holy heck outta lfs's!).
Both also have a good selection and competetive pricing.
GARF dot org has a good cleaner package and floridapets dot com has some great pricing on some macro/vascular marine plants (and some critters!)

edit - liveaquaria (and etropicals etc any dr foster smith peeps) have some seriously professional (by other standards) packaging, labelled properly, with instructions and a no nonsense customer service - I recieved a cleaner pack where the sea cukes were skrewt.. one had evicerate itself in transit.. I called them and said there was no way in hades I'd add any of them to my tank due to that..they said they understood, just dump the package and immediatly offered a credit or a chargeback... that's GOOD customer service considering the volatile nature of the creatures in question!

I too have ordered from saltwaterfish.com and was very please with the fish and corals that I bought. Excellent packing job as well!

ntswift said:
I too have ordered from saltwaterfish.com and was very please with the fish and corals that I bought. Excellent packing job as well!

did you buy over the amount to get free s&h?? im planning to do this soon and curious of how they are...

I've ordered from saltwaterfish.com. They are very good with packaging and guarantees. It's only $79.00 to get free shipping (that mounts up pretty fast!), though there's a 10.00 surcharge for any order regardless of size, so I guess instead of "free" you have to consider it $10.00. But worth it at any rate.

I bought snails from thatpetplace.com. I orderd 12 nass/bumblebee/cerinth snails each. I only got 30 instead of 36, called them right away, they were closed, so I left a message. They called me on Monday (I left the message on Friday noght), and the were more than willing to ship 6 more out or credit my account or refund the money. I was very pleased.

Ive ordered live rock twice from liveaquaria.com and both times it has been the best live rock I have seen in my area.

-TD

I have ordered from liveaquaria.com and saltwaterfish.com

The liveaquaria.com was good livestock, well packed, and ver professional people. But you have to order a LOT to get free shipping.

Saltwaterfish.com I could not get them to call or e-mail me in response to a special request, but in the end they got the request right, and the order came packed very well.

Great livestock from both.

But in the case of saltwaterfish.com, if they tell you 1-2 inches, expect 1 inch. The fish I got were a bit small. No big deal, just information.

Back
Top Bottom