Overcrowded rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cybercron

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you do when your corals overcrowd a piece of live rock? I have a rock that is loaded with mushrooms (see pic). The rock is so crowded I can not move it. There are mushrooms almost every side. Is there a safe way to remove and relocate these shrooms?

Thanks,

Van

NIce rock and nice shrooms.

You can send some to me if you like. :)

You can remove the shrooms by taking a stright razor blade and slowly as close to the rocks surface as possible slide it between teh shroom and the rock. If you chill the razer blade first it might help.

You wont hurt the mushroom in the long run and you can free up some realestate. The downside is often a shrom will grow back where you cut the previous one off.

fishfreek said:
NIce rock and nice shrooms.
Thanks! I have had it for about 1 year.
You can send some to me if you like. :)
If my shroom surgery goes as planned I just might. These things are growing like weeds.
You can remove the shrooms by taking a stright razor blade and slowly as close to the rocks surface as possible slide it between teh shroom and the rock. If you chill the razer blade first it might help.

You wont hurt the mushroom in the long run and you can free up some realestate. The downside is often a shrom will grow back where you cut the previous one off.

I don't know if I will have the nerve to take a razor blade to my shrooms :D Actually, I have new live rock coming in a few weeks. So, once it is cured I will be performing mushroom surgery.

Thanks for your response!

Van

If you place another rock so it is touching some shrooms they may migrate to the new rock making another mushroom covered rock that you can sell/trade.

Back
Top Bottom