overflow box filled with algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
maybe this is in the wrong area if so feel free to move it last night i was cleaning and i realized i never look inside the overflow box on the aquarium side i have one of those addon overflow boxes from eshopps and its filled with algae real caked on and thick i left it for the time being should i clean it out or let it be? seeing as though i have algae no where else but inside this overflow box and my nitrates are 0 maybe its acting as a refugium lol

If I was going to have algea the best place to have it is out of site in the sump or overflow. If it was me I would clean it by hand and leave the rest in there for excessive nutrients control. I leave some macro algea in mine and it grows like crazy but it takes care of the nitrates and phosphates.

If I was going to have algea the best place to have it is out of site in the sump or overflow. If it was me I would clean it by hand and leave the rest in there for excessive nutrients control. I leave some macro algea in mine and it grows like crazy but it takes care of the nitrates and phosphates.
+1!

Yea that makes alot of sence thanks for the info

melosu58 said:

So u can use your over flow boxes as refugium??? Hummm how about if I keep cheato in there...

Mangroves grow I'n the over flow and they suck out a lot of nitrates, nitrites.

Back
Top Bottom