painting the back of the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEWTOSALT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i guess i need teflon spray paint- right anyone know how many coats and the best way to approach this i havent added anything to the tank yet just wanna make sure i dont get any on the inside what do u think black paint or a cool blue color? tia

I used poster board. It gives me opportunities to change later down the road. Once you paint it is a major ordeal to change anything.

I put one of those scenic things on the back of my tank. They had them in black and blue. I chose black. Love the way it looks. I'd try that before I painted it.

Yeah, i recommend basic acrylic water-based craft paint...like the Apple Barrel brand. Usually about $1 for a small bottle. 2-3 coats gives even coverage, it dries in under an hour, and will come right off with a razor blade, and some soapy water.

I also use posterboard on other tanks, like 75g FW, which gives me flexibility and ease-of-changing it.

I used flat black spray paint from Home Depot (to match the color of the overflow), about 4 coats. Looks gawgeous. If you spray, protect the sides & top with plenty of newspaper & masking tape.

Back
Top Bottom