Pairing a Tiger Pistol Shrimp and Randalli Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheyCallMeButch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had my Randalli Goby for over a week and decided to try and pair it with a Tiger Pistol Shrimp today. I'm currently not too sure where the Tiger scurried off to and my Randalli had decided to move to the opposite side of the tank when I put the Tiger in. I was told these guys naturally pair up and so I'm hoping they still do and what to look out for if they do, like will the Tiger occasionally come out or should I just keep a look out for the digging?

Also just wanted to share a picture of Randal that I thought turned out really well when he was first put in the tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436500495.922290.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This type of goby will pair up with a pistol shrimp, but not all pistols and gobys will pair up. It could simply be that they haven't even seen each other as well as both should have no issue being together.

That's what I had assumed but I was just curious as to what might happen. He seems to have notice the Tiger and hangs out around him more but the Tiger has been digging on the backside of a rock so I hope he makes his way to the front.

Took mine about 2 months to pair up.
Now they think they are architects, re-scaping the tank daily.

Those shrimp are pretty impressive builders.

It only took a few days for it to. Really fascinating. It's fun watching the shrimp dig and push sand out while the agony stands guard.

Back
Top Bottom