Parasite on xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrightyDog

Aquarium Advice Activist
It looks like a bristle star attached to my xenia. Not only that, but things that look like webs are stringing my tank and taking shrimp. And little (aspatia looking (check edit, it could be those) tentacles are also around...what happened? Here is the creature on the xenia. Any help on what it is
img_2778780_0_35f8b313f53e146cc03b3089af686d93.jpg

img_2778780_1_b7bc0d1f449cbbcdb548f99cd624224c.jpg

Edit: Also I have barnacles. Please help

Cant be sure from the picture but it looks like a mini Brittle Star, harmless I have hundreds of them

Yep, it's harmless. Then thing that look like webs are most likely Vermetid snails. They do not hurt shrimp. the "Aptasia looking" things are probably Majano anemones. Google that and see if it's a fit. If so, you would kill them off the same way you would kill off xenia.

when I said shrimp I was referring to Brine shrimp that I feed the fish and also I believe that I have barnacles (appearentlyvthey look like that at one poiny )and not a aspatia or anemones after further research. they are harnless right? how do I get rid of this snails. I'm Going To,My LFS Today

Back
Top Bottom