pc lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
after i finish my stand (which hopefully will be this weekend) i'm going to focus my intentions on the hood.

i'm going to use MH 250 watt x2, and i want to add some PC actinics. How many watts should i use? i want to retro-fit them so i was going to go to HD today and start pricing some parts.

my aquarium is 120 gal 48"x24"x24"

any info you have would be grealy appreciated

mark

Well with the tank being 48" long I see you have a few options. You could use a pair or 4 55/65W PC bulbs. These bulbs are 24" long so you could put two side by side in the front and two side by side in the back of the canopy and your MH bulbs in the middle. Another alternitive would be to use 96W bulbs that are 36" in length.

Before getting ballast from homedepot look at www.ahsupply.com for their lighting kits. These kits include ballast, wire, connectors, reflectors and endcaps.

I am almost inclined to say start with 1 96W bulb or a pair of 55/65W bulbs and see how you like the look of the tank. If you want more blue then you could add another set of bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom