Peppermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have those anemones growing out of my rocks. I read that the pep shrimp will eat these. Is this true. Thanks

It is true to some degree. Generally, they will only eat the smaller ones. I had two small Aipastias (small anemones) in my 34g, and my Peppermint got rid of them within a day.

If you decide not to use Peppermint Shrimp you can use products like Aipastia X to kill them.

Ok. Im worried that my clowns will eat the shrimp. Do you think they will mess with the shrimp when I put him him. Should I feed them then drop him in.

I had one small aiptasia and a peppermint took care of it immediately. Again, it was small and only one. Don't have experience with many or larger.

Ok. Im worried that my clowns will eat the shrimp. Do you think they will mess with the shrimp when I put him him. Should I feed them then drop him in.

I personally don't think you will have any issues with the Peppermint Shrimp and the Clowns unless the shrimp is super TINY, in which case you should avoid buying it (buy a larger one just to be safe). :)

Back
Top Bottom