Peppermint Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive have 2 peppermint shrimp now for about a week, they seem to be doing ok but I never see them eating. They stay pretty much behind the rocks all day.........Do they come out at night and hunt down leftovers.?
I been puting brine shrimp in the tank, should I be putting someelse in for the peppermint shrimp.????

Depends on the fish you have in the tank to how often you might see them. They are naturally reclusive and typically only come out at night. They are great scavangers, I would not worry about them going hungry. There's just about nothing they would pass up as a meal. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Ayesha97 said:
Good luck with yours. I haven't seen my shrimp since I put it in the tank almost 2 months ago!!!!
Check at night well after lights out. Use a difused flashlight and look for the glowing eyes. It's about the only way you will ever find them. You'd be suprised how well they can hide.

Cheers
Steve

I have one that usually just hides as well but lately he will venture out during the day. With the new frags, I have had my hand in more picking them up :( and the shrimp has jumped on my finger a few times.

He definately more active at night as is the CBS I have.

I bought two peps to combat my three aptashia. I have not seen them for quite some time, until a couple of days ago. I got a peek at one and she is carrying a full eggs sack. Now I know why the two were too busy to come out. I will occassionally see them when I feed or out at night.

I've tried many times to find him, with no luck. I just recently changed out my substrate from CC to sand (and removed the evil UGF), and everyting was taken ou and still didn't find him. *sigh* Not quite sure what happened to the little guy.

Back
Top Bottom