Peppermint shrimp and Aptisia Anemones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have noticed about 6 or 7 small anemones (2-5mm) and thought my peppermint shrimp would eat them. The problem is that I do not want to make my shrimp feel stupid so I cannot just tell them where they are, so how do I get them to go to the table and eat? :?

:oops: Maybe I do not know what I am calling an Aptisia Anemone, but these things are too small to feed and the shrimp only come out when I am gone so I do not know what they like to eat. I am at a loss. :mrgreen: Thanks anyway.

hehe...quite the dilemma...I say give it time and the shrimp will find them. :mrgreen:

2 - 5mm doesn't sound like any Aitpasia I know of. Can you describe them better?

If you start hand feeding your Shrimp they will be a lot more social and you'll get to see them a lot more often.

How and what does one go about feeding a Peppermint shrimp? I will attach pictures of the growths so I can get and ID.

This is how I feed them....

peppermint3.jpg

I thought this was a family sight, I do not know why but that picture seems to cause me some emotional isssues. :oops: :oops:

Back
Top Bottom