peppermint shrimp eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I bought 2 peppermints yesterday for the 29 cube. When they were scooping them up I was told they both have eggs! So does this mean I will have a zillion baby shrimp or will they eat them? I only have the scooter in there right now as far as fish, not sure if he will snack on them.

How long til they hatch anyone know? I'm a shrimp noob.
lol

Thanks!!

I don't know how long till they hatch, but they will definitely be eaten. I was researching breeding the sexy shrimp and they can be raised on baby brine shrimp, maybe if you can catch a few before they get eaten you can try to raise them. Look at night with a flashlight because i think they always hatch at night.

Carey... I've been following your treads since well before I became a member i think u only had 50 or so posts and i swear that was only two monthes ago. I can now understand why you are so in to sw. You continually have something neat happen.

Carey... I've been following your treads since well before I became a member i think u only had 50 or so posts and i swear that was only two monthes ago. I can now understand why you are so in to sw. You continually have something neat happen.

Neat is the usual, last few days it's been a nightmare! lol But it's a very rewarding hobby albeit expensive. I have too many tanks so something is ALWAYS going on

I was hoping I didn't have to catch baby peppermints, I';m just as happy if the scooter eats them. :) I wanna fatten him up

They'll get eaten. I was doing some research as well since I noticed one of mine was full of eggs. Apparently it's not an easy feat to raise them, (not that I wanted to, I was just curious about it). I look at it as free food for my tank :)

I just got a scooter 1 hour ago eats frozen brine had the lfs feed him .. he ate quite a bit.

Did ur lfs say anything about only eating live foods? I knew from reading they pretty picky that's why i asked them to feed him.

Nope said he would eat prepared but he doesn't really. If I had known the potential I would have asked to see him eat there.

I'm pretty sure baby brine are too big to feed baby shrimp. I just got back from a tour behind the scenes at the Long Beach Aquarium and they are one of the few places that breed seahorses. They make green water and grow rotifers for their babies. They feed them baby brine when they get older.

Back
Top Bottom