Percula clown and Blenny feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pioneer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank with 1 x 2 inch yellow tang, 1 x 2inch clown, 1 x 2.5 inch midas blenny, 1 x 2 inch sand shifting goby, 1 x 0.5 inch yellow flame angel, 6 x turbo snails, 2 x sand shifting stars, and 1 x small red star, and a feather duster. There is 20Kgs of LR with a 3 inch thick CC bed.
Everything is fine and the livestock are all in good health. I have been feeding frozen brine once a day (1 cube), and supplementing the tangs diet by havin a lettuce leaf hanging in there everyday.
The question is that the clown and the blenny have jsut started nibbling at the leaf. Is this anything to worry about, does it signify that they are not getting enough brine. I have tried putting more brine in but it just does not get eaten and I don't want to have rotting food everywhere.

Thanks
Pioneer

Well, I think it is perfectly fint that the clown and the blenny are eating the letuce, but I am not real crazy about your choice of diet for your fish. Both foods you feed have very litle nutritional value (both are mostly water). For the clown and blenny, I would:
a) make my own food (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=776&highlight=homemade)
b) purchase three or for different flavors of frozen food (all with a wide variety of ingredients)
For the tang...I would get some nori (sushi wrap) at the oriental section in the grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom