Percula clownfish and lighting questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am getting either 1 or 2 true percs tomorow. I need to know if i should get one or two of them. If it will be compatible with my small gold banded maroon clown. And i would appreciate any comments or stries u have about these percs.

My second question is , i have 3.4 watts per gallon, what does that mean for future corals i will buy. can i get lps, sps, zoos????

thanks guys

Well first off do not put those clowns together. You really shouldnt mix clowns together ecspecially with a maroon. Unless your tank is big enough. I have a fire and a perc in my 55 and they go at it every now and again. As for your lighting, what kind is it? I personally think 3.4 watts is too low. I have a MH fixture with 492 watts in my 55. That is 8.9 watts per gallon.

in my first sw i had a maroon and tomato clown and they practicly tryed to kill each other

I wanted to have 2 percs and a maroon too and everyone that I talked to said no the maroon does not do well with other clowns. you can have a male and female maroon as long as they are introduced at the same time. but no other clowns with her.

Back
Top Bottom