petcetera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i have crabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i went to a lfs today to look into some base rock they have left over and stoped at petcetera to get some cat food so i naturally walked pass the fish section knowing that it is usally quite bad
so all i can see in about 20 tanks is massive amounts of slime algae most of it was coulours i never even seen before thank goodness i didnt see any fish when i did see something
a mid sized snowflake eel hiding under some fake coral in about a 10g tank at most he did look in not bad health for now but he probably hadnt been thier long
so after showing my wife she sayes your tanks look like **** ot the 18 year old fish guy who replys i know but i cant do everything (wich was the wrong answer to give my wife) 10 mins latter we left and im still deciding if im goin to get a tank tomorow to save the poor eels life or if im gonna call the manager and either give him a lecture or ask for a job to fix his shitty store on my days off my real job

sorry to go on so long just a little pissed off with half assed fish stores in it only for profit

I could swear you walked into the store a few block from my place.(same company). Except everytime i'm in there they never have any stock except for on large Spotted Grouper in a maybe 6 or 7 gal tank. I never buy anything from them except pre-packaged stuffs. I get all my stuff from J&L Aquatics.

i usally never buy anything from there except mabey stuff for the cats
i usally do hop at oceans and golds and today my wife called the discrict manager of alberta and reamed him out good and now the eel is in a new larger tank and thier whole system is bein rebuilt as of this afternoon wich i went and checked up on after work today

makes me feel much better about the situation wich i will be keeping an eye on but not supporting

Hey Canadians...thought you might like to know that I'm lucky enough to go to JL's whenever I want and I'm impressed by their code of practice on all the fish they obtain.

i have crabs said:
and thier whole system is bein rebuilt as of this afternoon wich i went and checked up on after work today

Which location? I find it difficult to believe that they are actually doing anything significant to the marine bank in any of their shops....I have to see this for myself.

Back
Top Bottom