Petco $1 a Gallon Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nestor29

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just picked up a 20 gallon long for $20. Making it a sump for my 40g breeder!!!

Anyone have ideas on how I should design it??

Keep it simple with 3 sections. 1st section - skimmer, 2nd - live rock, 3rd, return.

1 baffle splitting 1st 2 sections and 3 baffles splitting lr and return sections.

Hope this helps

DWilliams said:
Is this for all petcos? I need more 40 breeders.

Definitely worth the trip to find out...I have a friend that works for the one here in town so I told her to let me know when sales like this go on

Freshnoob1 said:
Keep it simple with 3 sections. 1st section - skimmer, 2nd - live rock, 3rd, return.

1 baffle splitting 1st 2 sections and 3 baffles splitting lr and return sections.

Hope this helps

Thanks...that's what I'll be doing 3 sections with a bubble trap between 2nd and 3rd section...now I need a to find a pump that will create a good flow with the CPR CS50 overflow box...any suggestions?

I suggest drilling and using a Glass Holes overflow.. Can't go wrong with the 700gph overflow kit and a Mag 7.

Does your 40 breeder already have water and or livestock in it?

And I highly suggest a 29 gallon over instead of a 20 long.
..Same footprint, just higher in case of any overflowingness.. ;)

Freshnoob1 said:
I suggest drilling and using a Glass Holes overflow.. Can't go wrong with the 700gph overflow kit and a Mag 7.

Does your 40 breeder already have water and or livestock in it?

And I highly suggest a 29 gallon over instead of a 20 long.
..Same footprint, just higher in case of any overflowingness.. ;)

Don't know if the glass is tempered though...is there a way to find out?

nestor29 said:
Don't know if the glass is tempered though...is there a way to find out?

Tempered tanks will almost always have a sticker on the bottom ( outside ) of the tank , so when you look in the tank u should see a orange sticker .

Ordered the 700gph overflow from Glass Holes today. Now I need to figure out what pump i'm going to get.

Back
Top Bottom