petco fish warranty??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex4434

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are they strict with water test results? And other info

If its like ours shops over pond theyll test your water, if its not good theyll say come back with another test in a few days or offer a refund

Every Petco I've been to for fresh or saltwater fish usually does not warranty their saltwater fish. I would guess that if you bring them bad water, they are going to be less likely to refund though. Bad water is not their fault, but selling a fish in bad condition would be.

It would be unethical to try and return a fish for a credit if your water params are out of line. Given your questioning of their policy, I'd suggest you call it a mistake and learn from it.

the quality of the fish they are selling is their responsibility. the quality of the water we are putting them in is ours. i wouldnt even question their refund policy if i knew my water was bad

My water is good because i got it tested at petco and they said sorry no warranty:\

I think that they simply do not warranty saltwater fish. Freshwater fish are usually a buck or two there, so they can eat an occasional freebie. Saltwater being more expensive and more tricky to acclimate (even with pristine water) would quickly eat into profits. Even most privately owned LFS that deal with both will not warranty salties (at least in my experience).

Petco does not warranty salt water fish. They do have a 30 day warranty on freshwater fish. they ask you bring a water sample. If the water is ok they will give you another fish or refund. If water is not right they will give you a refund but won't sell you fish until you bring another water sample showing you fixed the problem.

I am friends with the aquatics person at our petco. This is how she explained it to me. She also told me that a lot of times the customer just comes back when someone else is working. Sad

Back
Top Bottom