PFO ballast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am building a lighting fixture, and am curious if anyone has tried the PFO dual 250W MH ballast.

PFO is top of the line. I recomend these over any onther ballast. THey are bulit extremly well.They run quiet and the aluminum housing really dissapates the heat well. PFO also has awesome customer service! I offer the full line on my site.

If you need one remember that with coupon code AQUARIUMADVICE you save 6%!

CaptiveReefs,

If I need 3 mh for my set up should I get a dual 400w ballast and a single 400 watt ballast or should I get two duals in case I want to add another bulb later.

Mainly the question is can I run a single bulb on a dual ballast? Thanks,

What ballast 's to buy is entirely up to you. Only you know if you can and will upgrade in the future. I always say if you are thinking about it now then you probably will later. yes you can run 1 bulb on a dual ballast.

Thanks Darin,

I will be purchasing the ballasts soon. I need to recoop from the other stuff I have bought so far. Appreciate your response. As for me it will probably not be a matter of IF I upgrade but WHEN so I will get 2 duals so I leave myself room to upgrade.

Sounds ike a smart move. It's nice to have the option to upgrade if you want. Plus It's also nice to have a spare socket if something should happen.

Back
Top Bottom