ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need to get my PH to go down and the guy at the lfs gave me Wardley's sodium biphosphate. He assured my that I could use this in saltwater, but it says nowhere on the bottle for saltwater. Can someone tell me if this is ok to use?

The safest way to bring your PH down is going to be to do water changes with water of the proper ph.

What is your ph now?

Thats what stresco said too. I did a 10% wc yesterday and then again this morning. Everything is back to normal...if 8.1-8.2 is ok. Maybe a little lower than I was aiming for...it was at 8.7 when i started. My inverts seem to be getting on with things, except one starfish, he looks like he needs more time to adjust. I didn't expect the ph to go down so fast, is that going to harm anything? Also I use a two part additive, ocean's blend. I always use this when my cal is getting low, but I am supposed to use it w/ the ph/alk additive it comes with. Is this a product I should avoid? Should I be adding things seperately? It also contain trace elements and and all that good stuff. I only have a test kit for cal and alk, none for trace and all that other stuff...

I've never used oceans blend or their products, but most, if not all, the two part additive recommend adding in the am, so not to over shoot ph.

Back
Top Bottom