PH concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I checked my water parameters tonight and they are as follows...trate less than 5-10, trite=0, ammonia=0, salinity=1.022 and my PH meter says 8.9...is this to high? Im in the process the past couple of days raising the salinity from 1.021...would this have anything to do with the PH being higher than normal? Plus I just did a 12 gallon water change (which I am doing weekly to biweekly) in the tank - 125 gallon. Im have never added buffer to the water just the salt. I guess it could be my meter....never has been wrong before though. had it for about 3 months and has always been in the range of 8.2 to 8-4.
Thanks

Yes I have the "powder" test kit...cant remember what the brand is...maybe seachem?? will see what i get as a reading with this.

also just for kicks, whats the highest and lowest "safe" PH level??

I wouldn't trust any meter for more than a month without re-calibrating it. I seriously doubt your pH is that high or your fish would be cursing you by now.

yeah out of all of my levels in the past, the PH has not been one to get out of control. I guess I will recal it soon..
Still-what are the max and min levels of PH?

fishman said:
also just for kicks, whats the highest and lowest "safe" PH level??

8.0 - 8.6 ph levels are acceptable short term ranges, but stabilizing in the 8.3-8.5 range is ideal.

Back
Top Bottom