Ph survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Ph

• Total voters

fishrfreinds

Aquarium Advice Freak
If you will post: Ph, type of water (RO, Tap), salt brand, and if dosing, also what yore Ph was when you started.

Im just wondering if there are any conections.

Thanks

I have not heard about problems w/ Kent salt and PH. Did you let it mix for 24 hours before testing? That may help. Also, since it is winter often times the amount of O2 in your house will drop and that will affect the PH of tanks, etc. Opening a window briefly will help. FWIW I use IO and my PH is about 7.9 at night and 8.1-8.2 when the lights are on(RO/DI water). A new batch of SW mixes to about 8.1 for me.

Oh sorry, this is a SW question. My tap is always very very high. I tested today and it's above 8.3 which is the top of my test.

RO/DI water (around 3 on a TDS), Reef Crystals salt, Ca Reactor with mix of aragonite and dolomite. pH around 7.8. Can't seem to get it higher. I hovers around 7.8 consistently. I'm making a new Ca reactor and buying a Milwauke CO2 regulator with an integrated pH monitor that will be tied to my AquaController. I'll probably switch to crushed coral in the new reactor. Hopefully that will help.

Instant Ocean Reef Crystals, ro/di water, 29 gallon reef with 15 gallon sump fuge. 7.8 in the morning, 8.2 in the evening.

Back
Top Bottom