Phos levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineFlake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have Hair algea growin. Check all the params except Phos, didn't have a kit until tonight. According the kit, Phos is at .15 or .2 . I can't seem to get a clear bead on what is a good level. This too high? I know corals require phos so getting it all would be harmful. I am armed with rowaphos, but not going to use it until I get a clear understanding of what 'healthy' level of phos should be..

Thanks

whats your reading from your ro unit ? should be 0 !
what skimmer are you using ? ya can cut back on feeding some that will help

I have not tested the RO water yet, its next. As for feeding, I feed every other day and sparingly at that. I think I am going to take the sump down and clean it out. Lots of trash on the bottom of it. Will also wash out the rock that is in the sump, make sure I get rid of all the trash in it. I have the rowaphos and after doing more extensive searching, I am understanding thay my phos is a little high. Should be .046 to .012. Mine is .15 to .2. Think Im going to put in the rowaphos and see what happens. Theres no dosing instructions in the rowa'jar' so I'll have to play it by ear with phos kit.

Back
Top Bottom